This is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches adult and pediatric CPR and AED use. This course teaches skills with AHA’s research-proven Practice-While-Watching (PWW) technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback and guide the students’ learning of skills.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a CPR / AED card for a job, regulatory, or other requirement.
- $55 (includes book and 2 year completion card)
- Adult, Pediatric, Infant
- Class length is 3-4 hours
- Minimum enrollment is 3 students
- Perfect for teachers, day care workers, baby sitters, police or other lay rescuers
BLS for Healthcare Providers
This course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
This class consists of two parts.
Part 1 is ONLINE. You must complete the online portion prior to scheduled skill assessment.
Part 2 bring the online completion certificate to the hands-on SKILLS VALIDATION. This section is about 2 hours long and provides the in-person skills practice and testing session to obtain an AHA course completion card. Together both parts cover breathing and cardiac emergencies - including CPR, AED, and obstructed airway - for adult, child, and infant patients.
After registering online, a key code will be emailed for the online portion of the class.
$55 (includes on-line key code and a 2-year completion card)
- Class length: 2 hours
- This class meets the requirements for all medical personnel, such as MD, RN, PT, RT, CNA, pre-hospital employees, techs, and students in the healthcare field
- Minimum enrollment is 2 students
Unless noted otherwise, all classes are held at:
Fire Station 2
3710 Johnsburg Road
Johnsburg, IL 60051
For additional classes in the area: Area CPR Classes 2018
- There will be absolutely NO REFUNDS for individual cancellations or "no-shows" after the registration deadline has passed.
- Registration deadline for each CPR class is 5 business days prior to class. If the minimum registration for any class is not met, students will be notified of cancellation and the registration fee will be refunded.
- The maximum registration for a single class is 9 students. If a class is full, please call the District Administrative Office at 815.385.0075 to be added to a standby list.
2018 CPR Course Schedule
- BLS for Healthcare Providers – Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- Registration is now closed for this class.
- Heartsaver CPR / AED - Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: June 6, 2018
- BLS for Healthcare Providers – Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: July 4, 2018
- BLS for Healthcare Providers – Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: August 8, 2018
- Heartsaver CPR / AED - Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: September 5, 2018
- BLS for Healthcare Providers – Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: October 10, 2018
- BLS for Healthcare Providers – Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: November 7, 2018
- Heartsaver CPR / AED - Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: December 5, 2018
If you have questions, please call or email
District Administrative Office: 815.385.0075 - Monday-Friday - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm